To help students manage unexpected crisis situations the HOPE Crisis Fund supports students who are undergoing a crisis that leaves them in a situation that is beyond their control. Receiving help from the HOPE Crisis Fund could be the deciding factor that allows a student to stay on track to graduation.
To learn more, visit the HOPE Crisis Fund webpage.
Students who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- All current SF State students are eligible to apply for the Hope Crisis Fund;
- Can provide supporting documentation regarding the crisis situation;
- Have worked with Financial Aid to increase their award prior to HOPE Fund Loan application;
- Have explored personal loans prior to submitting a HOPE Fund Loan application;
- Are enrolled (full or part time) at the time of loan application and in good student standing (academic and disciplinary);
- If applying between semesters, have been enrolled during the previous term and are enrolled the following term.