In response to COVID-19 precautions and the suspension of face to face instruction, the following modifications to basic needs programming are effective starting March 10th:
- CalFresh- In-person CalFresh assistance services have been suspended. Virtual assistance is available. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for CalFresh assistance (screening, application assistance, questions, and troubleshooting). Zoom appointments are available upon request.
- Zen Den- is suspended.
- Gator Crisis Housing- check-ins have been temporarily paused.
- Gator Groceries- pre-made boxes must be reserved and picked up on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 am-1 pm in the Cesar Chavez Student Center Info Desk. Reserve your box now!
- AS Food Pantry and Farmers Market- are canceled until further notice
- Emergency Meal Cards- will continue to be distributed through the Dean-on-Call program on Monday- Fridays from 10 am-3 pm in SSB 403.
- Cooking Classes- have been moved to virtual events.
- Nutrition Clinic- Virtual appointments available Tuesdays from 9 am- 12 pm and Thursdays from 1- 4 pm
- Food+Shelter+Success Kits/Laundry Kits- will continue to be distributed on Monday- Fridays from 10 am-3 pm in SSB 403
Check back soon.
Check back soon.
CalFresh Help Clinic
Do you need helping paying for food? Visit the CalFresh Help Clinic to see if you qualify for CalFresh, a program that gives you money each month to buy groceries. The CalFresh Help Clinic is providing virtual assistance!
Email email@example.com to learn more about the program, start your online application, for application assistance, and connect with free food resources. Zoom appointments available upon request.
Grab FREE Food @ Gator Groceries
Gator Groceries will distribute pre-made meals. Monday distribution has been canceled. While supplies last. Closed during Spring Break.
Date & Time: Wednesday and Thursday 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. (modified hours)
Location: Cesar Chavez Student Center Info Desk
Nutrition Clinic (accepting virtual appointments)
Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Danielle Lundstrom, is available for free private appointments. Visit our Nutrition Clinic page for more information.
Date & Time:
- Every Tuesday from 9 am- 12 pm
- Every Thursday from 1- 4 pm
Location: Virtual appointments
To schedule an appointment, call Student Health Services at 415-338-1251
Zen Den (Canceled for Spring 2020)
Feeling sleepy during the day? Commuting long distances or dealing with housing insecurity? Need a place to nap on campus? Drop into the Zen Den to catch a nap in a space conductive to sleep! Nap stations and sleep kits provided.
Date and Time: Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6- 8 a.m. and 2- 4 p.m. (Canceled)
Location: Mashouf Wellness Center Classroom (mornings) and Student Health Services Conference Room (afternoons)
CalFresh Assistance @ the AS Food Pantry and Farmer’s Market (Canceled for Spring 2020)
Do you visit the AS Food Pantry and Farmer’s Market? Look out for the CalFresh Help table. Stop by to meet with a CalFresh Navi-Gator to learn more about CalFresh, a program that gives qualified applicants money to buy food. You can see if you qualify and start your application that day!
Date & Time: Every Monday from 1- 3 p.m. (Canceled)
Location: The Annex
Date & Time: Every Thursday from 12- 2 p.m. (Canceled)
Location: In front of Humanities