In response to COVID-19 precautions and the suspension of face to face instruction, the following modifications to basic needs programming are effective starting March 10th:
- CalFresh- In-person CalFresh assistance services have been suspended. Virtual assistance is available. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for CalFresh assistance (screening, application assistance, questions, and troubleshooting). Zoom appointments are available upon request.
- Zen Den- is suspended.
- Gator Crisis Housing- check-ins have been temporarily paused.
- Gator Groceries- will be distributed as pre-made meal boxes on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 am-1 pm in the Cesar Chavez Student Center Info Desk. While supplies last.
- AS Food Pantry and Farmers Market- are canceled until further notice
- Emergency Meal Cards- will continue to be distributed through the Dean-on-Call program on Monday- Fridays from 10 am-3 pm in SSB 403.
- Cooking Classes- is canceled for March
- Nutrition Clinic- Not accepting new appointments.
- Food+Shelter+Success Kits/Laundry Kits- will continue to be distributed on Monday- Fridays from 10 am-3 pm in SSB 403
Check back soon.
Check back soon.
CalFresh Help Clinic
Do you need helping paying for food? Visit the CalFresh Help Clinic to see if you qualify for CalFresh, a program that gives you money each month to buy groceries. The CalFresh Help Clinic is providing virtual assistance!
Email email@example.com to learn more about the program, start your online application, for application assistance, and connect with free food resources. Zoom appointments available upon request.
Zen Den (Canceled for Spring 2020)
Feeling sleepy during the day? Commuting long distances or dealing with housing insecurity? Need a place to nap on campus? Drop into the Zen Den to catch a nap in a space conductive to sleep! Nap stations and sleep kits provided.
Date and Time: Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6- 8 a.m. and 2- 4 p.m. (Canceled)
Location: Mashouf Wellness Center Classroom (mornings) and Student Health Services Conference Room (afternoons)
Grab FREE Food @ Gator Groceries
Gator Groceries will distribute pre-made meals. Monday distribution has been canceled. While supplies last. Closed during Spring Break.
Date & Time: Wednesday and Thursday 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. (modified hours)
Location: Cesar Chavez Student Center Info Desk
Cooking Class (Canceled for Spring 2020)
Join us as we cook, eat & learn together! This free hands-on cooking class will teach basic cooking skills using budget-friendly ingredients to prep a quick and healthy meal. Groups are welcome. Registration is recommended, as space is limited. Walk-ins will be placed on a waitlist (first-come, first-serve) and welcomed to join the class if spots become available. RSVP in the link below. RSVPs will open the week before class.
Nutrition Clinic (Not accepting new appointments)
Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Danielle Lundstrom, is available for free private appointments. Visit our Nutrition Clinic page for more information.
Date & Time:
- Every Tuesday from 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. (Not accepting new appointments)
- Every Wednesday from 12:45- 4:45 p.m. (Not accepting new appointments)
Location: Student Health Services
CalFresh Assistance @ the AS Food Pantry and Farmer’s Market (Canceled for Spring 2020)
Do you visit the AS Food Pantry and Farmer’s Market? Look out for the CalFresh Help table. Stop by to meet with a CalFresh Navi-Gator to learn more about CalFresh, a program that gives qualified applicants money to buy food. You can see if you qualify and start your application that day!
Date & Time: Every Monday from 1- 3 p.m. (Canceled)
Location: The Annex
Date & Time: Every Thursday from 12- 2 p.m. (Canceled)
Location: In front of Humanities