Food+Shelter+Success is committed to supporting student basic needs during the University's COVID-19 precautions.
Our physical office is closed, but we are open virtually. You can reach us at email@example.com or 415-338-1203.
1. View modifications to our programming.
3. One Degree is an interactive website that can connect you to basic needs resources in your area. Please visit 1degree.org to explore food, housing and financial resources in your Community.
4. Episcopal Community Services offers problem-solving services for folks experiencing homelessness. Students can speak to a Problem Solver for an assessment and can potentially access city funding for a housing resolution.
- Location: 123 10th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9 am-4:30 pm
- Phone appointments available
5. 3rd Street Youth Services has food, hotel vouchers, and emergency housing services available.
1. Gator Groceries: Pre-made meal boxes will be distributed weekly at the Cesar Chavez Student Center Info Desk.
- Wednesday, April 1: 1- 3 pm
- Thursday, April 2: 11 am- 3 pm
- Every Wednesday and Thursday from 11 am- 3 pm starting April 8.
2. Visit your local food bank to receive free food for the week!
1. Library Building- Effective March 17th the Library Building has limited access. There are study spaces, Wi-Fi and desktop computers available, with SF State ID, in the Research Commons 1st Floor (Peet’s Coffee level) Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. The Main Library is closed. The entire Library building will be closed during Spring Recess, March 23-27 and on Cesar Chavez Day, March 31.
2. Check the Instructional Continuity Student Guide for internet options.
1. Uhaul is offering students 30-day free storage due to the COVID-19 precautions. The following facilities still have 4x8 and 6x6 units:
- 1573 Bay Shore Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94124
- 1525 Bryant St, San Francisco, CA 94103
- 554 El Camino Real, Belmont, CA 94002
If you rent a one way Uhaul truck, you can get 30-day free storage in your arrival city. Units are going fast so call or go in ASAP. A credit card is needed and will not be charged as long as you check out in 30 days. Call 1-800-468-4285.
2. Enterprise is reducing the age minimum and waiving young renter fees until May 31, 2020. For more information, visit Enterprise's Student Travel Assistance page.
The Mashouf Wellness Center will close on March 14th but the locker rooms will be open during modified hours to ensure students who rely on the facility to attend to personal hygiene have access to showers.
MWC locker room open hours (all other areas of the facilities will remain closed):
Mondays and Fridays: 9:30 am-11:30 am
- Bring your student ID
- Check-in with staff at the front desk
- Towels and locks will be available
- Students must return towels and locks upon exiting the building and must bring all personal belongings with them
- Locker room access only. All other parts of the Mashouf Wellness Center are closed.
If you need basic needs hygiene supplies please visit the Dean of Students office in SSB 403 on Monday- Fridays from 10 am- 3 pm.
Basic needs are the conditions and resources necessary to survive and thrive. These conditions support students' ability to be active, engaged learners who reach their full potential at San Francisco State University. These conditions and resources can include, but are not limited to safety, food, housing and access to mental health services.