Equitable access to housing, food, medical care and education are critical, undeniable and foundational elements of racial and social justice.
Food+Shelter+Success stands in solidarity with everyone fighting for equality.
Food+Shelter+Success is committed to supporting student basic needs during the University's COVID-19 precautions.
Our physical office is closed, but we are open virtually. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-338-1203.
1. View modifications to our programming.
2. View this Income Benefits for College Students
3. View this Basic Needs Community Resource List for Students
5. One Degree is an interactive website that can connect you to basic needs resources in your area. Please visit 1degree.org to explore food, housing, and financial resources in your Community.
6. Episcopal Community Services offers problem-solving services for folks experiencing homelessness. Students can speak to a Problem Solver for an assessment and can potentially access city funding for a housing resolution.
- Location: 123 10th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9 am- 4:30 pm
- Phone appointments available
7. 3rd Street Youth Services has food, hotel vouchers, and emergency housing services available.
1. Gator Groceries: Pre-made meal boxes will be distributed weekly at the Cesar Chavez Student Center Info Desk.
Hours: Every Wednesday and Thursday from 11 am- 1 pm
Note: Boxes must be reserved prior to pick up. Reserve your box now!
2. California Pandemic EBT: Free food money for children who receive free or reduced-price or school meals.
Do you have a child who is eligible to receive free, or reduced-price, school meals? Or does your child’s school provide all school meals for free? If yes, you may be eligible for Pandemic EBT (P-EBT).
To apply start your P-EBT Application today!
3. Visit your local food bank to receive free food for the week!
1. Uhaul is offering students 30-day free storage due to the COVID-19 precautions. The following facilities still have 4x8 and 6x6 units:
- 1573 Bay Shore Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94124
- 1525 Bryant St, San Francisco, CA 94103
- 554 El Camino Real, Belmont, CA 94002
If you rent a one way Uhaul truck, you can get 30-day free storage in your arrival city. Units are going fast so call or go in ASAP. A credit card is needed and will not be charged as long as you check out in 30 days. Call 1-800-468-4285.
2. Enterprise is reducing the age minimum and waiving young renter fees until May 31, 2020. For more information, visit Enterprise's Student Travel Assistance page.
The Mashouf Wellness Center (MWC) is committed to providing shower access over the summer for students who rely on the facility to attend to personal hygiene.
To request a locker room/shower reservation, please email email@example.com
- All requests must be made 2 business days prior to the reservation date
- Monday reservations must be placed by 12pm the Friday before.
Shower/locker room Reservation Hours (by appointment only):
- Mondays & Fridays between 9:30 am-11:30 am
NOTE: The MWC facility is closed. Only access to the locker room will be available.
If you need basic needs hygiene supplies please visit the Dean of Students office in SSB 403 on Monday- Fridays from 10 am- 3 pm.
1. If you are experiencing a financial crisis at this time, you are encouraged to submit an application to the SFSU HOPE Crisis Fund.
Basic needs are the conditions and resources necessary to survive and thrive. These conditions support students' ability to be active, engaged learners who reach their full potential at San Francisco State University. These conditions and resources can include, but are not limited to safety, food, housing and access to mental health services.