CalFresh Help Clinic
Do you need helping paying for food? Visit the CalFresh Help Clinic to see if you qualify for CalFresh, a program that gives you money each month to buy groceries. You can meet with one of our CalFresh Navi-Gators to learn more about the program, start your online application, and connect with free food resources on campus.
Spring 2019 Drop-in Hours:
Monday-Thursday 11 AM- 3 PM ( Monday, Feb. 11- Thursday, May 9)
Stop by for in-person CalFresh application assistance. Drop-ins typically take 15-30 minutes.
***Reminder: The CalFresh Help Clinic is open until Thursday, May 9 for Spring 2019. Stop by today!***
*Please check back in Fall 2019.*
Location: Health Promotion & Wellness Office:
Village at Centennial Square
750 Font Blvd., Suite 5000
Across the street from Mashouf Wellness Center & across from City Eats. See map
To Apply Online Without Assistance:
How does CalFresh expand my food budget?
If you are approved for CalFresh you will receive an EBT card that looks like a debit card. You can use this card to purchase food at most grocery stores and farmers' markets.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for CalFresh you must:
- Make between $0 - $2010 per month for a household of 1
- Have U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, U/T Visa or refugee status
- Not have a meal plan from the University that covers 2+ meals per day
- If you are younger than 22 and live with your parents, you must apply with your family (if you are over 22 you can apply on your own)
- If you are over 18 and do not live with your parents you can apply on your own
- Student must meet at least ONE of the following exemptions:
- Work an average of 20 hours/week or more
- Be approved for and accepted Work Study
- Enrolled in EOP, MESA, or Guardian Scholars Program
- Have a child under 12
- Receiving Cal Grant A or B
- Other exemptions may apply
**If you have a meal plan from the University, and receive 2+ meals per day, unfortunately you will not qualify for CalFresh. We recommend applying at a later time when you no longer have a meal plan.**
What should I bring to the CalFresh Help Clinic?
Yourself! You will eventually need to gather verification documents to complete your application. Your CalFresh Navi-Gator can help you figure out which documents you need and how to get them.