Gator Grub Alert is a function of the SF State mobile app where students can sign up to be notified when there is free food on campus.
Gator Grub Alert allows Staff & Faculty to post excess catered food after their events allowing students to get a free meal.
- Download the San Francisco State mobile app
- Turn on push notifications
- Go to the "What to Eat" tile
- Click on "Gator Grub Alert"
- Read the liability waiver and continue to opt-in
- Hit the green opt-in button
- You are now ready to receive free food alerts!
- Find out where the food is and what type food is available by clicking the push notification
- Grab any other San Francisco State students that you are with and head to the location of the food
- Pick up the food and enjoy!
- Arrive ASAP, food goes fast
- Bring a to-go container if you have one
- Thank your host
Need help downloading Gator Grub Alert? Stop by the Gator Grub Alert community download table to learn more about free food resources on campus and get assistance downloading the app. Free snacks provided.
For upcoming Gator Grub Download Sessions, please check back in September 2019.