For on-campus resources, visit the following websites:
For off- campus resources, visit the following websites:
Call 211 or visit their website for information on community resources including emergency housing and housing assistance in the Bay Area.
Airbnb offers short term or longer term rentals available in most areas. This can be helpful for those needing temporary housing or are in transition.
This website lets you find roommates and rooms for rent in your area. Not exclusive to students.
- Student Renters Guide by ApartmentGuide.com
Check out this resource for general information and guidance on the process of renting off campus and with roommates.
Craigslist is a site where people can post available rentals and rental needs filtered by price and area. NEVER send money, security deposits or personal information like your social security number via email, online or by phone without meeting someone in person and vetting their listing is real.
For more information on avoiding scams, visit Craigslist's Avoiding Scams page.
Short Term Financial Assistance
Get help exploring your resources to identify potential housing arrangements. ECS can also provide short-term financial assistance for moving costs, security deposits, etc. for qualifying situations.
- Housing assessments for city funded housing
- Flexible Problem Solving funds (security deposit, moving costs, etc.)
- Family reunification
- Move-in assistance
- Must be homeless for at least one night in the last 7. This includes: couch surfing, sleeping in a car, transitional housing, homeless shelter or in an unsafe housing situation.
- ECS can offer assistance to help get into housing in SF or other communities
- ECS does not provide case management, help looking for housing, or referrals to housing
- ECS can offer financial resources once a space or unit has been identified
(415) 487-3300 x 7000
123 10th Street, San Francisco
Hours: M-F 9am-4:30pm, Wednesday 9am-12pm
2111 Jennings Street, San Francisco
Hours: M-F 9am-12pm
More resources coming soon!