Are you facing a food crisis? Have you run out of food and do not have enough money to buy more?
The Emergency Meal Card program provides students experiencing a food crisis with hot and nutritious meals from the City Eats Dining Hall on campus. Meals are donated by Sodexo through a partnership with Swipe Out Hunger as well as by students, faculty, staff and community members.
How Can I Get an Emergency Meal Card?
Unfortunately due to campus operation limitations, meal cards are not available during the summer term. Students can submit a meal card request for the Fall starting in August. If you are experiencing challenges access food over the summer, we encourage you to reach out to the Food+Shelter+Success team.
Emergency Meal Card Details
- Meal cards are reserved for students who currently do not have adequate access to food.
- Requests are processed within 1-2 business days
- Students can receive a max of two cards per semester
- Meal cards expire at the end of the academic semester
- Meal cards hold ten meals and can only be used at City Eats
For information, email BasicNeeds@sfsu.edu.